APPLICATION ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
DIVISION/ SECTION: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE & DEVELOPMENT
WORKDAYS & HOURS: M - F, 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.*
*Subject to change
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Semi-Skilled Laborer to join its Facilities Management & Development Team. The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs to structures, facilities and equipment, i.e. housekeeping activities, fabrication and installations, routine cleaning and servicing of vehicles and cement mixing and preparation.
- Operate power and hand tool equipment.
- Will assist paint shop with general painting duties.
- May operate vehicles to and from work locations.
- Monitor inventory control.
- Perform additional miscellaneous assignments as required.
- This position is designated among essential personnel under the City's Emergency Management Policy.
This position requires extensive, near-continuous physical exertion such as repeated lifting of very heavy objects (more than 80 pounds), deep bending, climbing of steps and/or assuming awkward positions. Will be required to work outdoors year-round.