CHI St. Lukes Health now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
Provides the highest level of safety and security by patrolling assigned areas to deter, detect and investigate crime and/or any suspicious activity which could cause harm to individuals or property; effective monitoring of electronic surveillance equipment; effective monitoring of hospital emergency systems and ability to dispatch appropriate personnel via radio.
- Responsible for patrolling assigned areas, on foot or by vehicle, Provides service and protection
- Investigates suspicious person(s) or activity, responds to crimes in progress, crimes that have occurred, disturbances, accidents, various public service calls, and other miscellaneous incidents.
- Investigates complaints, criminal incidents, suspicious activity and accidents. Prepares detailed written incident reports.
- When assigned to dispatch, effectively monitors electronic surveillance equipment to identify any suspicious person(s) or activity and dispatches appropriate personnel to investigate; Operates base radio station by dispatching appropriate personnel to emergency situations and/or requests for assistance by monitoring all radio traffic, Responsible for answering multiple telephone lines in response to routine and emergency inquires and dispatches appropriate personnel in regards to those inquires; Maintains appropriate logs of daily radio communications received from shift personnel and requests received via telephone; tabulates data from logs to produce required activity reports.
- Provides general information and assistance to patients, visitors and employees, including safety related escorts as requested, to various campus locations.
- Collaborates with various department personnel and external agencies to gather and exchange information; promote departmental services provided to the campus.
- Assure proper working order of equipment; notify appropriate personnel when Repairs and/or maintenance is necessary.
- Intervene as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons in a manner necessary to reduce risk of personal injury to patients, visitors or employees, and to minimize the disruption of operations
- Aids the Security Coordinator in reviewing security documents and related reports
- Assumes shift lead role in the absence of a Security Coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and LicensureRequired:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Non-commissioned or commissioned Security Officer-TCPS license to be required within 180 days of position assignment
- One (1) Year of experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work Requires a high standard of personal appearance and grooming which conveys a professional imag
- Work Requires self-initiative and motivation to enable the completion of tasks or projects with minimal supervisio
- Work Requires analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret basic data, prepare routine reports and maintain accurate record
- Must be able to pass a Department of Motor Vehicle check
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.