Leidos has an opening for a Cargo Services Section Manager of the Cargo Mission Contract, which includes decal and placard design and manufacture, custom foam design and fabrication to support cargo integration and project development, and 3-d print manufacturing. The leader will manage resources across all teams, ensure adequate skills and training are applied to meet cargo objectives, while staying within budget and on schedule to deliver products in compliance with contract requirements.
Due to contract considerations, only candidates currently supporting the NASA Cargo Mission Contract will be considered.
- Experienced candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring employee resources are adequately skilled and trained to meet requirements of each discipline
- Forecasting resource needs and staffing personnel accordingly
- Scheduling work to meet contract requirements
- Manage the laboratory and section budget within variance, explaining any discrepancies
- Ensuring processes are documented in accordance with AS9100 Revision D to perform the job functions of each discipline/team
- Researching emerging technologies and ensuring laboratory capabilities are maintained to efficiently and effectively support cargo integration and project engineering on the contract
- Ensuring equipment is kept current and upgraded as well as maintained according to a regular maintenance schedule
- Forecast materials usages and perform procurements to perform decal, foam, and 3d manufacturing services
- Serve as interface to the program customers (NASA and commercial) to communicate services and capabilities
- Serve as technical expertise leadership in regards to decal, IMS, and RFID production
- Serve as technical expertise leadership associated with foam cushion design, interfacing to associate contractors and hardware providers
- Serve as technical expertise leadership for 3-d and machining services
- Lead a team of qualified technical design, graphical design, and manufacturing personnel
- Perform administrative duties (timecard approval, performance evaluation and direction, issue resolution, financial, and work planning) for the CMC services
- Research and collaborate to keep technologies current, materials certified for space use
- Bachelors degree with 8 years applicable experience in graphic arts, engineering design, and manufacturing or 4-5 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have 2 or more years of leadership experience, as well as experience with resource planning and scheduling, and understanding of budgeting and cost forecasting.
- Customer service and interaction in regards to manufacture and delivery of products including negotiating job deliveries and/or providing guidance for improvements to designs or solutions based on technical work understanding
- Engineering design understanding using computer aided design (AutoCAD, ProE/CREO, Solidworks, etc) with ability to transfer design to manufacturing machining
- Graphic Arts design understanding using computer design (Adobe Illustrator, etc.) with ability to develop print jobs and decals
- Understanding of engineering applications of 3-d printing technologies
Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.