Scientist 1 / Research Associate

Insight Global
Published
November 17, 2021
Location
Houston, TX
Category
Job Type

Description

A client of Insight Globals is looking to bring on a Scientist I or Research Associate to join their team in Houston, TX. This individual will join the discovery team and be responsible for the design, construction, and validation of the oncolytic virus therapies. Theyll develop, validate and perform in vitro assays and QC on the new constructs to support clinical product development. In addition, this person will be responsible for mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques, cell counting/imaging, virus amplification and purification. This candidate will conduct assays (both cellular and molecular) using ELISA, cloning, PCR, and Western Blotting, perform standard virological techniques (replication, titrations, plaque, cell killing, etc). While 70% is spent in the lab, the other 30% of the time, this scientist will prepare detailed protocols, maintain documentation and assist with any other tasks assigned.

Experience with advanced molecular biology techniques (CRISPR, NGS, RNA-seq, computational biology)

Experience in virology or working with viruses

Oncology or cancer research experience

Flow Cytometry experience

In Vitro experience
Ph.D. in molecular virology, immunology, biochemistry, with 0-2 years of experience OR MS with 3+ years of laboratory experience within academic or biotech/pharma industry

Aseptic cell culture experience, specifically mammalian cells

Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (cloning, qPCR, blotting)

Tumor related field experience

Apply
Drop files here browse files ...

Related Jobs

November 28, 2021
November 28, 2021
November 28, 2021
November 28, 2021

Author: