At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Do you enjoy breaking down a process to find the key areas where it is not performing well? Do you like brainstorming different ways to solve a problem, assessing which idea will have the best impact, and then being the leader to put that solution in place? Then this may be the job for you!
The Sales Process & Technology Analyst is an exciting opportunity to learn all aspects of the business and interact with a diverse set of folks from different disciplines. The role provides process support for sales with a primary focus on conversion. The role will also be very involved in working with technology and project implementation for a wide range of assignments.
- Utilize best practices for sales to new and existing customers
- Manage end-to-end order mapping, analysis and reporting on sales performance
- Enhance the sales process flows for selling energy, services, and security products
- Identify root cause for poor sales performance and implement workflow improvements
- Collaborate with other analysts, technology teams, quality assurance, compliance, regulatory, legal, and business users to drive process improvements
- Support the other sales teams with both partners and vendors
- Special projects, research and ad hoc analysis as requested
- Hybrid office environment - 1-2 days per week in office and 3-4 days remote
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Travel – 10%
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous experience where demonstrated critical thinking skills can be shown
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or a related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience working with or within a Retail Electricity Provider
- Process improvement skills such as Lean / Six Sigma
- SQL query writing proficiency
- Experience with SAP and/or Salesforce
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills - able to quickly understand, isolate and resolve issues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic culture
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert in Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to interview other subject matter experts, technical teams and end users to understand process / system
- Quick and self-directed learner
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources