At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for managing, developing, implementing, and monitoring the operating budget, as well as ensuring and managing quality patient care, effective management of resources, appropriate staff competency, and regulatory compliance.
Advanced Heart Failure (AHF) Community Clinics located at Greater Heights, Katy, Sugar Land, Memorial City. Collectively 1600 patients/month.
Working closely with physicians at each clinic.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, DAYS 8a-5p. *NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS
*Travel between 4 clinics with Greater Heights & Katy being the most busiest clinics.
Seeking Medicine/Cardiology RN experience, preferably in critical care.
*Previous leadership/management experience, preferred
**Cardiac or AHF experience, strongly preferred
Position responsible for supporting the Nurse Manager in providing leadership to the department - overseeing the daily operations - managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and timeframe to complete Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a BSN is required at the time of hire or promotion
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) or more years experience in clinical area of practice; and
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
- Clinical Manager II: additional two (2) years experience (3 years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental calls, planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, provides and ensures the highest level of service according to established service standards and optimizes the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing, recruits, retains, and develops staff, provides performance feedback, addresses issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.