Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Natural Gas Infrastructure Research Associate to join the Sugar Land, Texas team. This is an entry-level role which will offer a diverse range of experiences as you develop your knowledge of the energy commodity markets.
It is an exciting time to join the Infrastructure Intelligence team, as we are developing additional lines of research to support our customers through the next few years of market recovery. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the growth and development of our present and future solutions.
About you and how you can excel in this role
- The successful candidate is a highly organized, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual who has the ability and desire to develop subject matter expertise as well as working independently and efficiently.
- You have an analytical mindset and an eye for detail, which has been proven in your academic and work experience to date. You are comfortable collecting and interpreting data, articulating your findings in a clear and insightful manner. You also have a flair for writing and communication.
- Your long-term aspiration is to be an influential expert setting the industry agenda leveraging off data analytics. You are looking for a place where you can grow and learn from others in a collaborative, commercial and client-centric environment.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team, generating ideas you want to share and following through with insightful research practices. The way in which you work is productive and driven, striving to be best in class.
- As a part of the best-in-class Infrastructure Intelligence team, you will focus on providing information used to understand one of the fundamental market forces which affect the energy commodity markets of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil. Your research will provide part of the foundation structure for forecasts and provide insight into future changes in the market.
- You will be a part of a small team dedicated to the support, development, and delivery of Infrastructure Intelligence products. Your primary focus will be ensuring that research databases and notes are maintained and held to a high standard. Your secondary focus will be on analyzing and delivering market analysis around the impacts of new infrastructure in conjunction with the other members of the team.
- Your research in this position will gather and synthesize a wide array of sources, which include earnings call transcripts, investor presentations, news articles, and government/legal filings. Experience in interpreting these documents is beneficial, as is an interest in environmental law and/or in the energy commodities space.
- This position is located in the Sugar Land, Texas office, and will be a part of the Commodities Research Short-Term Gas team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Exhibits a positive, team-player attitude
- Demonstrated ability to identify and utilize appropriate datasets in research
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel, SQL, R and/or Python, and other tools to organize, analyze, and visualize data
- Familiarity with commodity or financial markets
- Previous professional experience in a customer facing role
- Interest in researching/tracking information related to the North American natural gas market
- Familiarity with Salesforce (ie. creating and pulling reports)
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.