A Remote Software Engineer (Specialist) - SaaS job is available through Modis. This is a direct hire position and requires 10+ years Software development experience with 4+ years in SaaS platform and application development.
No C2C or Sponsorships
This hands-on Staff Software Engineer (Full Stack) who can seamlessly bring together the understanding of technology with proper business judgement to help us navigate our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and most importantly implementation. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of SaaS technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how to best customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. This person should have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Working in tandem with our engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
• Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications. Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines, specifically within the Azure Cloud/AKS.
• Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
• Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
• Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
• Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers.
• Lead and develop best practices for other facets of the business to utilize.
• Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
• Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
• Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master’s degree a plus.
• 10+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 4 years are in SaaS platform and application development; industrial application experiences a plus.
• Certification as a Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification etc.
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns. Strong experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
• Experiences with SOA applications; IaaS and/or PaaS (Azure preferred, AWS, GCP, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
• Experience with backend technology, web services; overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus.
• Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
• Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Experience working with Linux/UNIX systems, Kubernetes, Docker and Helm. CI/CD experience is a plus, specifically in Argo, JenkinsX, tekton.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge or experiences with industrial protocols a plus.
• Experience in testing framework - Mock frameworks
• Hands-on in design and code reviews.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
• Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications.
• Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systems
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
• Excellent communication, organizational and inter-personal skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
• Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
If you are interested in this Remote Software Engineer (Specialist) - SaaS job with Modis then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact David Baio by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records