Do you want to work for a company that Forbes’ named one of the best employers of 2021? Do you want to fast-track your career by working for one of LinkedIn’s top companies in the US? If so, keep reading!
Title of Job: HCC / Risk Adjustment Medical Coder – Remote
Location: REMOTE (anywhere in the US)
The CSI Companies is hiring a Remote Medicare Risk Adjustment / HCC Coding Consultant for our Fortune 100 healthcare client. This job can be worked from anywhere in the US as long as you have high speed internet and a distraction-free home office area.
Pay: will be based upon years of experience (highly competitive)
Training hours will be M-F 8am-5pm Central
After Training: Hours can be any 8 hours in between 6am-6pm Central as long as you stick to a consistent schedule M-F.
Effective Date / Tentative Start Date: Interviewing Immediately
The Risk Adjustment Coder will provide Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) coding services for outpatient and inpatient charts.
This position will evaluate clinical coding from medical records to ensure accurate coding of encounter data and recommends processes to ensure accurate and efficient coding practices.
- Reviews submitted medical records to identify ICD-10-CM diagnoses, that map to a Risk Adjusted HCC ensuring the documentation meets all CMS standard requirements for valid HCC Submission
- Codes all diagnoses and services accurately and completely, from the medical record in accordance with the ICD-10-CM coding classification systems
- Selects and accurately records all appropriate records and data on assigned chart abstraction projects
- Participates effectively in clinical documentation improvement initiatives and team meetings to promote quality across all projects
- Complies with policies and procedures for confidentiality of all patient records and security of systems
- Additional duties may be required to meet client obligations
- Minimum 2 years of coding experience
- Some Medicare Risk Adjustment / HCC Experience
- Active certification through the AAPC or AHIMA (CRC, CCS, CPC, CIC, COC, RHIT, or RHIA)
- Minimum GED/high school diploma
- A reliable high-speed internet connection (the faster the better!)
Ability to pass a background check and drug test
Private, quiet, and distraction-free workspace in a room with a closed-door
Status: Consultant: Starting off as a consultant/contractor with no end date (almost all of the positions within this client start off as a contractor due to being a Fortune 100 company). Potential to convert is strong for top performers upon business needs after first year. This is NOT a short-term contract position, we are looking for long term employees.
Who Should Apply:
If you have experience as a certified coder, medical coder, Medicare risk adjustment, MRA, HCC, remote medical coder, remote coder, remote coding, certified coder, certified coding, hierarchal condition categories, or risk adjustment, we would love for you to apply!
Apply to become part of the team that is not only changing people’s lives for the better but changing the health care system for the next generations to come.
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position
This is a remote, work from home position. You may be located anywhere within the US.