Remote Licensed P&C Customer Sales & Service Rep – The Auto Club Group
What you will do: (Primary Duties & Responsibilities)
The Auto Club Group is seeking prospective Customer Sales & Service Representative who can generate new sales, retain existing members, and grow ACG’s overall book of business through our multiple product offerings. You will be challenged to drive new business with competitive products and help retain The Auto Club Groups 60+ million members
In This Position, You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Provides a high level of customer-focused sales in a high volume, fast paced call center environment, using PC, Internet and ACD phone technology.
- Provides advanced technical and product information in response to customer questions and/or problems in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Explains product features and MEEMIC*/Auto Club Group Insurance Agency** service advantages to existing and potential customers for the purpose of promoting and selling the various membership and/or insurance products and services in order to achieve sales production goals.
- Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities within the context of servicing a change to an existing customer’s policy.
- Provides price quotes on all insurance products which factor in all applicable rules (underwriting, business, etc.) and discounts in an effort to complete the sale.
- Rewrites and reinstates insurance policies according to underwriting and business rules.
- Completes membership and/or insurance applications, endorsements and change forms (e.g. address change, etc.) as necessary.
- Accepts payments at point of sale.
- Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers in response to questions or complaints.
- Corresponds with and responds to inquiries from sales representatives, insureds, mortgage companies, and other sources regarding ratings, premiums, billing problems and cancellations and to obtain and verify payments and other types of information.
- Provides efficient processing of customer policies, endorsements, and status and coverage changes.
- Assists agents in resolving technical and business related issues.
- May assist other Customer Interaction Centers (e.g. Emergency Road Service, Claims, Membership, Travel, etc.) in servicing members and/or customers when necessary to ensure quality service goals are met.
- Responds to telephone calls from customers and agents regarding customer billing status, balance, due, etc.
- In accordance with established procedures, reviews policies that are in a cancelled status and determines whether reinstatement is an option.
- Determines monies due and processes reinstatement as appropriate.
- Enters transactions and balances cash entries in order to input changes into systems.
- Researches and adjusts account balances when misapplication/overpayment of monies occurs and mails refund checks as appropriate.
- Processes returned bank items, write off service fees, extensions, etc. to correct balances and premium payment records.
- Contacts sales agents to correct receipt-cash discrepancies as needed.
How You Will Benefit
Customer Sales & Service Representatives will earn a competitive salary of $15.00 to $27.00 per hour with annual bonus potential based on performance and commission.
Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re looking for candidates who: (Preferred/Required Qualifications)
- Possession of current Property, Casualty insurance sales license for appropriate state.
- College level coursework, certification or equivalent (i.e., continuous learning).
- Customer service environment(s)
- Call center environment(s).
- Windows and non-windows based environments.
- Preparation of rate quotations
- Investigation and resolution of sales related problems.
- The Auto Club Group Insurance Agency products and services
- The Auto Club Group membership services and products.
- The Auto Club Group insurance product features.
- The Auto Club Group subsidiary products.
- Equity and group billing.
- Must attain all appropriate State Property & Casualty insurance sales licenses within 30/60 days from the start of licensing coursework.
- Providing a high level of customer-focused service
- Competently entering information on various screens using a PC keyboard
- Navigating through a PC Windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications.
- Managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying as needed
- Performing monetary transactions (e.g., key entering data into cash terminal, adjusting account balances, etc.)
Knowledge And Skills
- Successfully complete appropriate training relative to all MEEMIC*/The Auto Club Group (TACG) products and services**
- Attain and maintain any Property, Casualty, Life and Health insurance sales license for any MEEMIC*/ACGIA** member state as appropriate
- Achieve insurance and membership sales goals and other performance expectations as defined by management
- Work with minimal supervision
- Provide direct customer-oriented service in a call center environment
- Work within a team environment
- Promote the sale of all MEEMIC*/ACGIA insurance and membership products**
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Read, comprehend and communicate clearly and concisely in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
- Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include weekends/holidays.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What It’s Like To Work For Us
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who We Are
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 13 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
ACG’s Compensation philosophy is to provide a market-competitive structure of fair, equitable and performance-based pay to attract and retain excellent talent that will enable ACG to meet its short and long-term goals. ACG utilizes a geographic pay differential as part of the base salary compensation program. Pay ranges outlined in this posting are based on the various ranges within the geographic areas which ACG operates. Salary at time of offer is determined based on these and other factors as associated with the job and job level.
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.