At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of more than 30 owned, leased, or operated natural gas, coal, oil hydro and petroleum coke plants, with total engineering capacity of over 18,500 megawatts and is building or acquiring more than 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
*This position can be filled as an Engineer II, III, Sr, or Sr Lead depending on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate*
*This position can be filled in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Arkansas*
Provide engineering and technical oversight for the Power Generation fleet predictive maintenance program and vibration analysis.
- Serve as a Power Generation subject matter expert in the functional areas of lubrication, vibration, and thermography.
- Oversee ongoing implementation of the Power Generation Predictive Maintenance Standards.
- Serve as functional fleet coordinator for the Predictive Maintenance Peer Group.
- Develop system standards and help plants identify resources/methods for achieving Lubrication standard adherence.
- Develop system standards and help plants identify resources/methods for achieving Vibration standard adherence.
- Develop system standards and help plants identify resources/methods for achieving Thermography standard adherence.
- Utilize EtaPro and other modeling tools to develop/assess unit reliability impacting conditions.
- Develop audit templates to validate standards adherence.
- Perform site audits to ensure standards adherence as part of a team.
- Work with plant personnel and equipment subject matter expert engineers and technical specialists to determine value added PM’s.
- Review approved 5-year project budgets to ensure reliability and maintainability of new or modified installations is considered for the approved projects.
- Help customers on plant staffs in resolving failure mechanisms and preventing recurrence.
- Development of operational bulletins to heighten awareness operationally.
- Lead and drive unit trip investigations where vibration and lubrication are contributing factors.
- Evaluate plant procedures to determine if current operation methods and predictive maintenance programs are optimal for achieving reliable performance of equipment.
- Select, recommend, and work with plants to purchase reliability monitoring equipment. Perform pilots at select sites to test equipment. Develop reliability improvement plans for sites based on priority and value added.
- Provide diagnostic machinery analysis support to PowerGen facilities
Minimum education required of the position
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
Minimum experience required of the position
- Engineer II: at least 2 - 4 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer III: at least 4 - 6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer, Sr: at least 6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer, Sr Lead: 8+ years of power plant or relevant technical experience is preferred with at least 4 years of experience with predictive maintenance programs
- Vibration Analyst ISO Cat III certification
- Fundamentals of AMS 2140 Training by Emerson
- Introduction to AMS Machinery Health Manager by Emerson
- Thermography Level II Certification
- SKF Static Motor Testing Level I
- Machinery Lubrication Analyst (MLA) II or Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT) II
- Certified Reliability Leader Certification
- Certified Reliability Engineer Certification
- OSI PI Experience
- Advanced Pattern Recognition (APR) Experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Proficiency in all applications of the Microsoft Toolkit
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Duties often require call outs and work after normal hours
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Basic knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) – Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Functional Knowledge: Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Business Expertise: Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Leadership: May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Problem Solving: Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impact: Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Interpersonal Skills: Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Primary Location: Texas-Woodlands
Job Function: Engineering
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 102443
Travel Percentage:25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.