Local Unit & Position Description
DNV's Supply Chain and Product Assurance Division is seeking to fill the role of Regional Finance Manager. This position is preferred to be based out of DNV offices in Houston, Texas or Milford, Ohio, with flexible work arrangement (home/office)
The Regional Finance Manager will contribute, drive, and support the implementation of the Supply Chain & Product Assurance strategy. You will act as a senior business partner for the Finance Director and Regional Manager to drive growth, operational excellence and financial objectives. You will manage the target setting, forecasting and monthly reporting process for the Americas Region for Supply Chain & Product Assurance, within the requirements provided by DNV Group. You will participate in any potential M&A projects and be responsible for setting up new business models, pricing models and cost allocation models. In addition to this, you will manage a team of 10-12 professionals located in the USA, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
Utilising your DNV internal and external network, you will play a fundamental role as the common link between all activities and functions in the Americas Region of Supply Chain & Product Assurance. You will be responsible for building collaborative business relationships and be a sparring partner for Regional Management team and Finance Director. With the support of the Finance Director, you will verify that activities are carried out in compliance with the strategy, annual operating plan, and DNV management system. You will manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and continuously strive to improve processes and performance.
In addition to the above, you have a high degree of entrepreneurship and a strong interest in new technologies that can be used to further digitalize the service portfolio. You will be working in an environment with mature services as well as with services in the start-up/scale-up phase.
The Regional Finance Manager will report to the Global Finance Director and be based in Houston, Texas (preference). We are open to other locations for the right candidate, but the first preference is Houston.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that DNV Group and Supply Chain & Product Assurance governance principles with regard to financial management are applied and implemented.
- Support the Finance Director in setting up robust business models, pricing models and cost allocation models. Support the Regional Manager in business case analysis.
- Act as the finance responsible for the Americas region, working closely with the Regional Manager to support growth and performance.
- Manage the Americas finance team, located in USA, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Ensure that potential risks and opportunities are anticipated and understood.
- Be actively involved in any potential M&A projects (post-merger integration).
- Manage and coordinate the annual target setting and quarterly forecasting process for the region.
- Manage and coordinate the monthly/quarterly reporting process and participate in business review meetings with the Americas business leaders. Participate in ELT review meetings with the Regional Manager
- Analyse performance across dimensions (e.g. countries, regions, service lines, projects) and initiate and follow-up on the implementation of corrective actions wherever necessary.
- Continuously improve the use, analysis and visualization of financial and operational data through data analytics and BI tools
- Ensure adequate quality of operational and financial information for decision making.
- Follow-up, with support of GSS Finance, that statutory and other reporting requirements for legal entities are met.
- Perform periodic balance sheet reviews, especially related to accounts receivables, work in progress, accrued expenses and cash and bank balances together with GSS Finance. Understand trends and patterns and take corrective actions where necessary.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in finance or economics or related field
- Relevant business experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Finance Manager
- Experience in finance process and system improvement
- Experience in project management
- Experience managing a diverse, international team
- Adequate understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and financial concepts
- A demonstrated track record of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, analytical, detailed, organized and have a passion for numbers
- Solution oriented mind-set combined with a pragmatic approach
- Ability to deal with conflict management and have courage in decision making
- Has strong foresight and is future driven
- Has a good grasp of business processes and is able to identify process improvement opportunities
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Portuguese or Spanish would be an added bonus.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency whilst meeting deadlines
- Ability to cope with a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships within SCPA, Business Assurance, DNV Group functions and GSS
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured and result oriented working style
- A self-driven, service-minded approach when delivering value to stakeholders
- Proactive and forward leaning
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to manage and drive complex projects with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
What is Preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems
- Experience in a start-up / scale up or digital business is an advantage
- Experience in system implementation
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is a plus
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!