USI is one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the world. Something special is happening here with our more than 8,000 associates across the U.S. and abroad – and we invite you to learn more.
Unrivaled Resources and Support
The USI ONE Advantage ® allows USI to deliver unique solutions to our clients. This value proposition provides unmatched growth and opportunity for our associates and, at its core, represents a significant investment in our people.
Unique Employee Programs and Deep Community Engagement
We turn care into action with our award-winning wellness program, college scholarships for associates' children, and financial help in times of need. Our annual community service initiative engages associates in hands-on regional service projects helping hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Industry-Leading Associate Rewards and Recognition
In addition to competitive pay, incentives, and benefits, USI recognizes associates through our Summit Awards program, rewarding excellence in those who build our brand each day.
Committed to a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment USI values diversity and is dedicated to ensuring a fair, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all. Our diversity and inclusion program, "I'm With U," advances these initiatives to champion our team members and the communities we serve.
Nationally Recognized as a Top Insurance Workplace
USI has been recognized as one of:
- The Top Insurance Employers by Insurance Business America four years in a row (2018-2021).
- Business Insurance's 2021 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance for the second year in a row.
- Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
- Ranked as one of Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
General Description: The Receptionist attends to visitors and deals with inquires on the phone and face to face. The Receptionist supplies information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Provide information to callers.
- Greet persons entering organization.
- Direct persons to correct destination.
- Deal with queries from the public and customers.
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Schedule appointments.
- Manages Conference Room Scheduling; resolves schedule conflicts
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings.
- Co-ordinate meetings and organize catering.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Control inventory relevant to reception area.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area.
- Handles office supply and business card ordering
- Updates and distributes telephone list
- Assists with special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma in any field from an accredited institution.
- Degree in any field from a certified college.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of consumer service practices and principles.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Good communication skills and professional personal presentation.
- Ability to manage information of employees.
- Organizing, planning, and customer service orientation
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
- Should be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
- Should be flexible and possess cultural awareness.
USI is committed to providing a full-suite of competitive benefits for our growing population and its diverse needs. We offer a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits including medical, wellness, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending and health savings accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance and other unique employer-sponsored and voluntary programs. USI also offers a generous paid time off policy, paid family leave benefit as well as paid holiday time .