Energized by an over 200-year history as part of PQ Corporation - our company is now simpler, stronger, leaner, nimbler - and solidly positioned for growth. Ecovyst is a pure-play catalyst and services company. As catalysts for positive change, our technologies play a critical role in supporting ecological health, and propelling expansion and growth for our customers.
Our long history of innovation expertise and close customer collaboration supports the development of proprietary catalysts and services across our two industry-leading businesses, Ecoservices and Catalyst Technologies
- Ecoservices provides specialty grade high purity virgin sulfuric acid for a number of diverse and growing end uses. Among them are mining, particularly copper for electronics applications, production of lead acid batteries for all types of vehicles, water treatment, and agricultural products.
- Catalyst Technologies business is a leader in engineering proprietary and customized technologies for cleaner fuels, emissions control and waste reduction
At Ecovyst, we are prioritizing and accelerating our growing and greening initiatives, and are putting sustainability for a safer, cleaner, healthier world at the forefront of our forward strategy. At Ecovyst, we are ready for change.
Our Ecoservices division is searching for a Logistics Supervisor to be based at our Houston, TX plant
- We are not offering visa sponsorship or relocation for this role at this time.
- We are not using agencies for this role at this time.
The Logistics Supervisor/FSO is responsible for planning, organizing, establishing guidelines and controls, and directing the activities for the truck spent acid customers in order to ship and receive products in a safe, economical and timely manner. Serve as FSO for the Houston facility maintaining the FSA/FSP for the site, assuring that security meets MTSA requirements. Be responsible for Houston plant security. Security guards will report directly to this position.
This person is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities in Logistics, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Responsible for DOT, FRA and USCG compliance in Logistics
- Manage Motiva supply chain, inventories, truck driver scheduling and trouble shooting
- Interface with TSA
- Assist with PQP, RC14001 activities
- Request and prioritize Logistics maintenance activities
- Monitor and assist in developing barge/rail/truck traffic schedules as needed
- Supervise Logistics department as needed.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Set and maintain HSE expectations for Logistics Technicians
- Ensure compliance with DOT, USCG, FRA and TSA regulations.
- Comply and ensure employee compliance with all plant HSSE policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that MOCs are completed for any changes in Logistics
- Ensure that all Security incidents are reported in an adequate timeframe
- Hold quarterly ERT drills
- Hold Quarter Security drills
- Act as custodian and advocate of Life Critical Procedures in Logistics
- Conduct routine inspections and observations during a TA
- Duty Supervisor
- Ensure timely resolution/completion of Safety Work Orders
- Follow the PQP principles
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 - 10 years of prior supervisor / people management experience.
- Basic math and reading abilities.
- Computer knowledge.
- Must have working knowledge of all loading & unloading operation,
- Must be able to troubleshoot concerns and problems of the unloading & loading operation.
- Must be able to have the communication skills to handle Customer complaints and concerns.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Tankerman's license not required, but beneficial