Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The PV CODES & STANDARDS SPECIALIST / ENGINEER Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a highly talented and motivated professional to join our team as a PV Codes & Standards Specialist / Engineer (“PV Specialist”). The PV Specialist is responsible for guiding Dealers in constructing residential PV systems to the highest standards and acts as a Company specialist for codes and standards. As part of this role, The PV Engineer will be responsible for reviewing quality and design standards of residential PV systems, including review of design packages, milestone submissions and final installation signoffs on the physical condition of residential PV assets. This position requires a strong understanding of design schematics and representational drawings used to interpret design intent. Basic electrical calculations will be an integral part of daily job responsibilities. Effective communication with sales and field technicians will be necessary to coordinate, remedy and aid dealers through the construction process.
PV CODES & STANDARDS SPECIALIST / ENGINEER Responsibilities
- Conducts daily review of electrical / mechanical designs applied to the NEC, local jurisdictional requirements, manufacturer guidelines, and Company standards, as well as daily review of finished installations.
- Answers inbound customer and contractor correspondence.
- Provides administrative problem-solving support to the operations staff, dealers and customers; escalates unresolved or complex issues.
- Provides instruction to dealers on Sunnova processes and procedures.
- Ensures individual professional growth and development by meeting mandatory project deadlines, displaying skills competency, and supporting department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as a mentor to other engineers.
- Provides a seamless operational process executing strategy; participates in discussions with the operation management regarding the goals set.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of technologies being installed by Sunnova’s dealer base
FLSA Status: exempt
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Work experience: 1-3 years’ experience in solar industry (excellent opportunity for a new graduate to add value while gaining experience) OR a licensed Electrician with Solar experience will be considered
- PC skills: Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, & Outlook
- A background or familiarity with PV (photovoltaics) projects.
- A background with PV projects utilizing battery storage systems.
- Experience in account management or project management. Experience or familiarity with computer aided design (CAD).
- Experience with PV shade analysis software.
- Salesforce experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with residential construction
- Ability to read construction documents (drafted plans, sections, elevations, wiring diagrams)
- Knowledge of mechanical design, electrical design and theory
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and organize, manage and prioritize multiple deliverables.
- General knowledge of local permitting requirements.
- Familiar with current residential PV electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of the challenges associated with construction while working with sales, construction management, and financing of energy assets..
- Open office environment with ability to work remotely as required.
- Willingness to work outside of regular hours as required to address business needs of strategic partners.
- Estimated travel time = 10% domestic travel
- Houston, Tx or Remote
- Relocation assistance is avaiable depending on the candidate
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process