Applications Accepted From: All Persons Interested
Division: Maternal Child Health
Section: Healthy Families Houston
Reporting Location: 8000 N. Stadium Dr.
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Houston's Health Department is seeking a professional applicant to perform the following duties:
- Perform home visits for enrollment and continued services in accordance with the Healthy Families America (HFA) model and guidelines using the Growing Great Kids Curriculum within the greater Houston area.
- Develop a therapeutic relationship and implements an individual Family Support Plan including a Birth Plan with women and their families to promote problem solving and self-sufficiency.
- Utilize principles and concepts of parallel process and reflective practice (modeling, relationships, change theory, client centered strength based and solutions).
- Document all official activities on appropriate forms and reporting tools including immunizations, breast feeding education, family planning linking families to medical providers, breast feeding education and immunizations in the Client Track system.
- Participate in community projects, presentations and outreach activities.
The position requires stooping, bending. Occasional very light lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or books (up to 20 pounds or an equivalent weight) may be required.