Ref ID: 04860-0012329068
Classification: Office Manager
Compensation: $20.00 to $20.00 hourly
This Fleet Supply Chain Project Manager position is responsible for performing tasks relating to strategic management of suppliers towards performance cost and compliance goals. Work with Strategic Sourcing Managers Area Supply Chain Area Fleet Director leaders to qualify new Suppliers negotiate pricing and manage the performance of Suppliers. Provide support to internal customers and participate in special projects and activities that enhance the departments effectiveness.
Market Area or Regional in scope: It is expected the person will be involved with Enterprise initiatives may back up Strategic Sourcing Managers and is very knowledgeable on the whole procurement process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establish the sourcing strategy or assist Strategic Sourcing for assigned spend categories. Once a sourcing strategy has been developed help communicate monitor and manage business unit compliance with the strategy. The Fleet Supply Chain Project Manager will also establish working relationships with cross-functional teams bringing a strategic sourcing perspective to all key processes.
• Build up and maintain overall supplier internal customer relationship. Work with key stakeholders to deploy effective procurement strategies for select spend categories and to increase the ability to leverage volume and spend.
• Cooperate with and provide market area input to Corporate Strategic Sourcing Managers Area Procurement Managers as needed.
• Continually search for opportunities to reduce bottom line cost at the area level.
• Monitor and report the performance of assigned suppliers. Supplier performance will be tracked reported and managed by the Fleet Supply Chain Project Manager. Formal and informal review procedures will be developed to provide feedback to suppliers and ensure that supplier performance issues are quickly addressed.
• Measure track report supply chain performance within each assigned spend category. Identify sources of data for required performance metrics create a process to collect the data and champion the actual collection efforts. Each quarter the Fleet Supply Chain Project Manager will report to the Director of Fleet Supply Chain performance data for their assignments and conduct and support the supplier business review.
• Support Supplier Development and Continuous Improvement by category/region.
• Develop cross-functional teams to look for year over year improvements in: total cost of ownership value-added services and contract compliance.
• Maintain expertise in the assigned spend categories through relationships with other business units suppliers market experts and enterprise/regional liaisons. Know and apply value chain and value stream concepts.