6-8 month Contract - possibility of going perm for the right person
Air Separation Experience is preferred
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing company investment projects in accordance with the governance and work process defined in the Capital Implementation Management System (CIMS). During the development phase the Project Engineer work with the Business Developer to define and propose a competitive solution in terms of total cost of ownership and time to market with a project execution strategy including but not limited to Scope, Budget, Schedule, Assumptions and Risks.
During the execution (after approval of the project) The Project Engineer is responsible for the successful investment delivery on time, on budget and according to the specifications of the project until the full . hand over to Operations.
The key aspects of the responsibility includes:
Safety / Quality Assurance / Risk Management/ IMS and general activities
- Achieve high safety performance by applying all safety rules within the project.
- Ensure that required safety action plans are defined and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Group Standards and applicable regulations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare and conduct the capitalization review and share feedback within the organization
During the Development phase up to Handover to Delivery:
- Work with the Business Developer to develop the most competitive economical & technical solution compliant to the specification and valid rules.
- Identify, gather and validate all local information and requirements to be considered for the full integration
- Establish the overall project execution strategy considering the risks evaluation and mitigation .
- Prepare the key project deliverables such as technical solution, scope, budget, planning, risks, staffing plan, inspection and test plan, communication plan etc
- Ensure the technical integrity of the proposal and consistency between the commercial & contractual offer and the project definition.
- Participate in negotiation and support the business developer to deliver a competitive offer
- Ensure the compliance of the project to applicable Group standards, rules and systems and to the relevant external rules and regulation.?
- Manage the Project Execution including construction and commissioning with excellence and achieve the project KPI's, as defined during the Handover (Technical Performances, Capex, schedule, Risks,...).
- Work with all project stakeholders (procurement, SAFECOR, legal, BDs, Operations, vendors, customers, local administrations…) up to transfer to Operations.
- Select vendors, contractors with the support of the procurement group
- Manage changes and support negotiation(s) with the client (internal or external)
- Manage risks and ensure that effective mitigation plans are in place.
- Very good knowledge of project management methodology tools and techniques. Ideally PMI certified
Knowledge and specific to the job:
- Experience in working with EPC, Engineering, Procurement groups and Construction Contractors
- Technical background in industrial gas, industrial projects, ideally in ASUs, Large On-Site, H2/He Filling Facilities and LCO2/Dry Ice Plants.
- General knowledge of engineering disciplines and industrial gas plants operation & maintenance
- Resourceful and connected.Management and behavior skills:
- Results oriented. Influential team leadership skills, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and to work in challenging, changing and .
- Strongly safety and reliability mindset.
- Commercially smart.
- Autonomous and decision maker.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
o knowledge of either Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering preferredo familiar with the range of technologies (compression, refrigeration, purification, instrumentation, electrical, controls etc) in use by major industrial gas suppliers at the ASUs, Large On-Site,
- Filling Facilities and LCO2/Dry Ice Plants.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible industry experience in Project Management
o ideal candidate will have experience with managing projects from cradle to grave and understand all of the related challenges in the entire project life cycleTravel requirements:
- Occasionally to frequent (20-33% of work time) depending of location
- Remote opportunity
- Basic knowledge of Google Kite
- Proficient in Microsoft Project with schedule management skills for preparation of Gantt Charts
- Proficient in AutoCAD with drafting skills for preparation of P&ID’s, electrical one line diagram and site layout drawings
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired