Shopify is hiring Leaders in Product Marketing across multiple teams!
Product marketing at Shopify is the glue that binds our product strategy to the success of our audiences. As a Product Marketer, we have an active role in the entire cycle of a product: from framing customer problems with audience insight, all the way to developing powerful narratives that bring category-defining products to life. Our focus spans the entire funnel, relentlessly driving awareness, adoption and growth with our segments. We work closely with product teams, creatives, communications, and integrated marketing teams to plan to meet our objectives while making commerce better for everyone.
In this role you will:
- Enable product, audience and team success working across every dimension of the product marketing craft
- Frame customer problems with market and consumer research that change course of product portfolios
- Own pricing and packaging for portfolios, working across organizational boundaries to drive market cohesiveness
- Architect go-to-market strategies that lead to in-moment awareness and everlasting adoption growth
- Become a subject matter expert for specific spaces, market and customer needs for your products
- Influence portfolio roadmaps by exposing teams to structured market knowledge that shapes product vision
- Set the tone and voice for groups of features and products, guiding and defining positioning and messaging
- Work with cross-functional marketing teams across Shopify to tell a cohesive story and deliver business impact
- Partner with Product, UX, Communications, Creative and Marketing teams to drive a narrative forward
- Orient teams around the biggest opportunities to achieve customer, product and revenue goals
- Inform and structure audience-centric segmentation initiatives that consider cross-product adoption challenges
- Determine success metrics and gather the resources needed to measure, learn and improve your programs
- Manage or influence a team of high-performing product marketers, championing their growth
- Extensive experience assembling programs, teams and cross-product product marketing programs. Tech companies preferred.
- People management experience leading a team of 2-5
- Hands-on experience in the full-stack product marketing craft: inbound, outbound, growth
- You know how to conduct or scope research that leads to audience insight
- You are a curious self-starter who is not afraid to go deep on a subject matter and become an expert
- Influence and mentorship are part of your skillset. You know how to work through teams and understand what it takes to align talent and business growth
- You can identify points of friction and risk – and then work to build alignment and clarity
- You can synthesize complex product narratives into compelling stories for multiple audiences
- You understand how stories come to life on different marketing channels (social, blogs, webinars, etc.)
- You can compile and present market data and customer intelligence into decision-friendly information
- You love building and maintaining cross-functional relationships across the organization to drive results
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Previous experience marketing, commerce, or technology in general
- Lived in the shoes of our merchants as an entrepreneur yourself
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Marketing Manager, Location: Houston, TX - 77007