UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Principal Data Scientist is responsible for the development and integration of data analytics and business intelligence necessary to support the individual exchange business goals, vision, and objectives. This includes developing databases to organize data, generating reports, and constructing models to answer key business questions.
The Principal Data Scientist must be able to aggregate and analyze a variety of data including member-level claims data, enrollment data, network data, publicly available data, etc.
Daily responsibilities include refining databases, translating project requirements into data solutions, and investigating data questions for business owners. This individual acts as a key business partner working across teams such as product, clinical, finance and operations to provide key insights that can be used in decision making. This role will report to the Senior Director of Data Analytics for the Individual Exchanges within Government Programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop database solutions to aggregate a variety of data from internal assets and publicly available sources
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain database queries and reports related to, but not limited to enrollment, pricing, and financial performance
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements. Provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert in the design and recommendation of appropriate analytical approaches and methodology in addressing key questions and issues within the business
- Develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the business
- Interpret results, develop actionable insights and present recommendations for use across the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of professional data and analytical experience
- 4+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of database/programming experience (SQL, Python, Tableau or similar)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel skills
- Ability to communicate and present information to internal Graduate Analytics degree
- Intermediate ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of changes and develop forecasts
- Team player and strong ability to work with other disciplines across companies and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and proactively in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to structure own work, design and drive projects from their inception through to completion
- Strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp complex issues
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut and/or Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineering, Data Engineer, Sr. Data Engineer, Senior Data Engineering, Data Engineering Lead, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN