Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Principal Data Scientist will play an analytical leading role on researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable machine learning solutions to support house call member engagements
- Develop intelligent solutions to drive increase in HouseCalls penetration rate by using structured and unstructured data like voice and text
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
- Consolidate internal and external data to establish member journey line across different programs
- Establish machine learning / deep learning models to increase member outbound reach experience and NPS scores, implement the solutions into applications or operation
- Drive inbound scheduling through text mining in scripting and NLP
Positions in this function produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets typically measured in gigabytes or larger. Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Works with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, and others to perform analysis and interpret data. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: less complex analysis on small data sets; rules-based algorithmic or descriptive analytics; development of big data infrastructure.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Actuarial Science, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics and machine learning modeling
- 5+ years of experience in correlating business processes and front-end applications to back-end databases and systems
- 5+ years of experience working with large databases to create meaningful, usable data structures to extract information out of application transactional data
- 5+ years of experience leading technical and non-technical resources in the area of Information Management, Data Strategy, Business Intelligence development, data mining and predictive analytics with machine learning / statistical modeling techniques
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience in Speech Recognition modeling and/or NLP
- Proven ability to communicate highly technical issues / results to a diverse audience both verbally and in written
- Experience working for a large enterprise with fragmented data sources, lack of documentation, unstructured requirements, and ambiguity
- Experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in understanding data analytics and information needs, and executing on transformation of high-level, abstract data needs into meaningful data management solutions, information, and analysis
- Experience understanding and managing business data and information, and the ability to correlate business processes to data
- Experience converting raw data into processed, actionable, insightful information
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- MS or PhD
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Data Scientist, Data Scientist, Data Science, Design, Machine Learning, Voice, Modeling, Analytics, Speech Recognition, Python, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota