Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Branch Banking serves more than 70 million consumer and small business customers through a distribution network consisting of approximately 4,900 retail banking branches, complemented by online and digital channels, and a network of 13,000 ATMs across 36 states and Washington, D.C. Branch Banking includes the regions, Branch Banking Operations and Supervision, and Consumer Banking National Business Development.
Primarily participates in the Branch Banking Licensed Banker licensing program. This is a temporary position until employee has successfully completed licensing requirements. Upon successful completion, employees will transition to the Premier Banker role
- Proactively acquire new affluent consumer and small business customers, and deepen existing relationships, through outreach and pre-planned appointments
- Collect information directly from customers regarding income, assets, investments and credit; analyze information to develop customized plan identifying Wells Fargo s products and services that will best meet customer s financial needs and goals, including highly complex needs
- Advise customers on various aspects of recommended and available product and services
- Identify client needs and goals for business, mortgage, retirement and investment services, then partner closely with employees in Business Banking, Mortgage and Wealth and Investment Management to best meet the previously identified need, consistent with clients overall financial circumstances and goals
- Serves as a risk management leader; understanding and managing risks in the business, adhering to policies, procedures & controls and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules & regulations
- Review & analyze client service requests, identify, document and resolve concerns
- Knowledge of bank products and services, credits and investments
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and partners
- Financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- Experience recommending financial services products and services
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 or 7 and 66 exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- State Life Insurance license(s)
- 3+ years of experience in a licensed financial services position
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Current registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or equivalent) are required for this role or must be completed within a specified period of time and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance
- State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period of time determined by number of licenses to be obtained and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance. Compliance with the state law requirements is required
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
TX-Spring: 1442 Spring Cypress - Spring, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.