Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
JOB TITLE: Plasma Center Leadership Trainee - Operations
Houston, TX - Biomat Plasma Center Manager candidate. Completion of 6 month training and development course required to assume this role
Full pay and benefits (including all travel) included
* $24 - $28 an hour *
Grifols is a global healthcare company with a 75-year legacy of improving people’s health and well-being through the development of life-saving plasma medicines, hospital pharmacy products and diagnostic technology for clinical use. The company is comprised of three (3) divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostics, and Hospital – which develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals around the world. Grifols is a publicly traded company with over $4.2B in revenues.
At Grifols, there are many opportunities to enter into the pharmaceutical industry with no prior industry experience. One of the most notable is becoming an Operations Manager for a plasma donation center. Grifols Plasma Operations will hire experienced managers and provide the tools and skills necessary to run one of our plasma centers. As a manager, you must possess discipline, motivation and strong communication skills.
If you have prior management experience running a fast-paced business in the medical, retail, fast food, hotel and restaurant, or other service-related industry, this might be the right opportunity for you!
As a Plasma Center Operations Manager, you will adapt to a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, learn about daily management, oversee the Grifols Plasma Operations donor center, supervise operations and quality control, and ensure compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. You will have a high position of leadership and responsibility.
Through Grifols you will gain an understanding of safety, accuracy, community representation, strategic direction and planning, and more. You will teach and inspire by encouraging team members to grow their skills and become more efficient, effective, and professional in their respective roles.
A candidate selected under this requisition will be hired as a Center Leadership Trainee for Operations and will undergo a 6-month intensive training to prepare him/her for a future role as a Plasma Center Operations Manager.
- Have knowledge of and supervise all tasks within the donor center; ensure production employees are properly trained to interpret, implement and perform their duties according to all standard operating procedures.
- Lead and train direct managers on how to create a professional work environment and value system that stimulates the morale and productivity of the workforce and its leadership.
- Learn to monitor and evaluate operations and quality systems, develop and implement action plans to improve operations/quality issues. Supervise the implementation of improvements and measure the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with State and Federal regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP.
- Learn to supervise donor selection, plasma collection, and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, with FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP and through systems that are in place
- Become trained in and responsible for all Human Resource functions including hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination, and maintenance of all employment records.
- Learn to determine adequate inventory of all goods and supplies necessary for center operation including ordering goods as needed. Including the release of soft goods for use
- Become responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Due to the amounts of inventory we carry, in the event of an emergency, you will be required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
- Submit timely and accurate reports as necessary, daily, weekly, monthly and as requested.
- Responsible for marketing skills for active donor recruitment and advertising campaigns to improve production levels.
- Will manage and control center donor funds and ensure that financial records are accurate and in order.
- Keep immediate superiors informed of any irregularities within the center and provide constructive information about process improvement.
- Minimize center liability through constant risk management review.
- Maintain a signed Statement of Responsibility and Curriculum Vitae on file at the center and Authorized Official's office.
- Become familiar with and responsible for community outreach programs to enhance public opinion, donor and employee recruitment and education.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Management, Business, Nursing, Finance, or science-related field (unless waived by Senior Leadership).
- EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years of hands-on management experience within medical, fast food, retail, or service related industries. Prior management experience, preferably supervising groups or multiple employees within a fast paced environment. Experience in a medical and/or cGMP a plus.
- EQUIVALENCY: Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
- TRAINING: Must be able to undergo and complete a 6-month leadership training course at the Grifols Plasma Academy in Glendale, AZ or in Indianapolis, IN.
- TRAVEL: Must be willing to travel (up to 75%) for out-of-state training with extended stays in various training locations.
- RELOCATION: Must be willing to relocate after completion of the required training. Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful hire.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including public speaking. Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Computer literacy: word processing, database software and spreadsheet programs, proficiency with email and internet applications. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
NOTE: The training program may be held out-of-state in 2-week intervals for 6 months. Candidate MUST be open to relocation within the Grifols Biomat USA Central Business Unit after completion of training. The business unit oversees the operation of over 70 plasma donor centers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississipi, Oklahoma, and Texas. Successful graduates will transition to a center leadership role of Assistant Manager or Center Manager .
Occupational Demands Form #6: Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32
- , miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
\#BiomatUSA #CB #GrifolsJobs
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities / Females / Disability / Veterans
“We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our donors/customers.”
Location: Houston, TX
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 459487
Type: Indefinido tiempo completo
Job Category: Plasma – Operaciones