Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for reviewing and processing additions and changes to the computerized payroll system (e.g., changes in salary, benefits, tax withholdings, etc.), ensuring the accuracy of accounting distribution and preparation of deductions.
- Prepares and compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, withholdings and PTO employee records.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and off-cycles for US locations.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Record and process payments for garnishments orders.
- Audit employee time cards.
- Complete federal/state required reporting.
- Verify compliance with each state's varying labor laws.
- Reviews employee events such as new hires, salary changes, terminations, etc. and record them in the system for proper processing.
- Work closely with Human Resources for data reconciliation.
- Support audit activities for the team.
- Follow and maintain process flow and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents.