You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective, and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Navigator is the patient’s program liaison. Primarily telephonic, this role is responsible for ensuring that the patient experiences a smooth transition from an admission or outpatient procedure back to the home setting. Throughout the duration of services, the Patient Navigator will communicate with patients and caregivers to uncover and act on possible barriers to a healthy outcome, thereby safeguarding against unnecessary readmissions.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm based on region. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serve as the patient’s liaison throughout the life cycle of the program by addressing program specific quality measures and adhering to company guidelines/standard operating procedures
- Make all patient welcome calls on date of notification of assignment and/or discharge. Make appropriate and timely patient appointments, confirmations, and appointment reminders. Mail letters as needed
- Complete telephonic inpatient visits with patients utilizing current standard operating procedures
- Notify all appropriate departments of data related patient case updates
- Outreach to patients’ providers and input appointments
- Place regular/consistent outreaches to the patient
- Adhere to established guidelines for case closings
- Provide support to patients either prior to admission for an elective procedure, post-discharge from the hospital, or post-procedure
- Identify and connect patient to resources for addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Outreach to the appropriate party to report any benefit, authorization, claim or eligibility related issue
- Prepare information for patient case status summaries, success stories, etc. and participate in daily huddles, weekly meetings, and other scheduled events, both internally, and with clients externally
- Take initiative to proactively resolve and or support tough patient cases via communication to management and or clients during weekly meetings
- Prepare, communicate, and follow through on patient flagpole/escalation communications to management
- Conduct and collaborate on creating action plans for patient readmission
- Review system related tasks and email instructions throughout the day for management of daily responsibilities in order to effectively and thoroughly manage all assigned patient cases to completion
- Maintain patient outreach and daily activities for cases assigned to out of office Patient Navigators and peers as directed by leadership team
- Document accurately all phone calls, interventions, appointments and other system related data points in PILOT system within 24 hours
- Consistently meet position Key Performance Indicator metrics as defined by leadership
- Utilize all internal database alerts and daily/weekly reports to effectively and thoroughly manage all assigned patient cases to completion of company programs
- Other duties as assigned by leadership may exist to meet business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service and/or healthcare experience in a fast-paced environment
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare landscape
- Computer proficiency to include typing, data entry, internet research, and spelling accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit slides), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, and sort spreadsheets, basic analytical formulas (VLOOKUP, if)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to act independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Must be organized and able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- Ability to verbally articulate and communicate with patients, manager, team members, and customers
Physical and Work Environment:
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to remain stationary for an extended time period (1 – 2 hours)
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard time period
- Ability to communicate with Clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable communication device
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit www.navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.77 to $27.79. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW