8560 Monroe Road, Houston, Texas, 77061, United States of America
Patient Care Technician (PCT)
Our Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) play a vital role for our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for ensuring the comfort and safety of the patients in the dialysis center.
If you haven’t considered Healthcare before, read on as we think that you should. Healthcare Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- 1:1 Patient Care. Spending the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:45 am. Typically working 12 hour shifts, 3 days/week. Clinics are closed on Sundays, and may be open on some holidays.
What we’ll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you're new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-10 week paid training to get you ready to become the best patient care technician
- Support to guide you through your training and transition into the role as well as reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity
- Career path options: clinical (ex. PCT to RN), leadership and corporate
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from you cell plan to movie tickets and more
Some details about this position:
- Your 9-10 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’s award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Passion for delivering excellent patient care and building long term relationships to improve your patients’ quality of life
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Willingness to work long hours (most shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed
- Healthcare experience a plus including: Bonent Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient’s life? Take the first step at careers.davita.com.
DaVita is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits