Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Advocate Clinic Operations is responsible for actuating member retention. Position will enhance customer satisfaction and clinic services by providing best-in-class telephone support for problem resolution for patients. Patient Advocate will answer dedicated phone line. This position will support marketing events with outbound and inbound calls to assist clinic operations with clinic retention event(s) awareness in the assigned market. Patient Advocate will receive and file complaints appropriately. Patient Advocate is responsible for the planning, successful execution and follow up for a diverse range of patient communication campaigns.
- Supports corporate retention and loyalty programs to meet retention goals in regards to saves, reinstatements and customer longevity and analyzes data in order to make appropriate recommendations for ongoing strategies
- Maintains effective relationships with health plan partners in support of health plan/membership retention
- Monitor and analyze results to determine effectiveness of campaigns on a weekly basis. Applies immediate changes to strategies as required
- Ensure current and comprehensive knowledge of trends, innovation and changes that affects patient satisfaction, loyalty and engagement. Attend external training as required
- Continually promote the effective use of communications in areas such as patient satisfaction and staff training
- Collaborates with Marketing Leadership and Clinic Operations leadership staff to develop and maintain customer focus and patient loyalty
- Acts as patient advocate through providing appropriate patient/provider resources as needed
- Manage calls regarding patient concerns for local market for basic general benefit information and transfers calls accordingly when necessary
- Assists local market by notifying patients of new PCP, PCP moves and panel changes. Conducts surveys when needed
- Assists local market clinics outbound calls to new patients welcoming them to the clinic and answering any questions they have regarding basic general benefits and local market WellMed Services. Also completes a 2 week follow-up call making sure 1st appointment went well and patient was fully satisfied with visit, doctor, and clinic staff as needed
- Monitors the disenrollment’s via local market database. Reviews the market disenrollment(s) log to ensure contact has been made to identify root cause for disenrollment(s)
- Complaints: Gather information and notify clinic administrator/coordinator/ supervisor and assigned regional manager. Call patient to notify them of clinic contact. Calls patient after resolution (24hrs) and documents for tracking
- Assists local market clinics with missing patient tracking/contact as needed or directed by local market leadership
- Assist and support marketing reps with inbound and outbound calls related to local area market retention events. Receives inbound calls tracking RSVP for different local area market retention events. Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in health or business administration required. (2+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of experience supporting a health care or customer service environment
- 3+ years of experience in Community Outreach, Communications or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 30% within assigned markets
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with clinical processes and Medicare Advantage plans
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Patient Advocate, Member Retention, Customer Service, Clinic Operations, WellMed, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Houston, TX