Reports to: Manager, Retail Operations
Classification: Part Time/ Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Under the direction of Retail Operations Manager, this part time position oversees store operations and provides direction to retail associates in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards.
- Supervises retail associates; completes store operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Trains to, and maintains retail standards, policies and procedures
- Opens and closes retail location as directed by management
- Assists retail management with the daily cash procedures and operations
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests both on the floor and at the cashier area
- Regularly evaluates, creates, and maintains professional visual displays; provides direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory and par levels
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
- Performs duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service and/or retail environment preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required
- High school Diploma or GED required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards
- Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays is recommended. This position requires a 90% attendance policy for all Houston Astros home games in addition to special events including but not limited to Fan Fest, Postseason watch parties, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.