Paralegal - Real Estate. (Legal Assistant)
We are seeking a Paralegal / Legal Assistant with real estate transactional experience and/or contract review expertise. The Paralegal / Legal Assistant should be able to review and understand contracts, organize high volume of tasks and strong drafting is a plus.
The Paralegal / Legal Assistant will be responsible for:
Applying, interpreting, and maintaining corporate legal standards and develop and perform processes consistent with the department objectives. Additionally, the Legal Assistant / Paralegal will research, analyze and document legal issues, draft routine legal documents and process government filings.
- Maintain subsidiary minute books and corporate seals
- Prepare board resolutions, unanimous written consents, shareholder resolutions and corporate secretary certificates.
- Track and ensure filings of annual reports in jurisdictional qualifications
- Maintain database, Corporate entity chart and various reports
- Prepare formation, dissolution and merger documents as required.
- Develop and maintain successful business relationships with internal/external clients, and respond in a timely and professional manner to inquiries.
- Create and manage filing systems, both hard copy and electronic
- Coordinate responses to all routine written or telephone communications, relay messages and generate routine interoffice communications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- 3+ years of a related experience in a corporate or legal environment is preferred