The Harris County District Attorneys Office employs Paralegals who will directly work with one or more Assistant District Attorneys. The duties of a Paralegal will vary according to assignment.
* A Paralegals responsibilities may include case preparation, which consists of preparing subpoenas, motions, and notices.
* The Paralegal will also maintain communication with complainants and witnesses during the preparation of the case as well as coordinator of such witnesses for trial.
* The Paralegal may also be requested to conduct legal research.
* The Paralegal will be fundamental in providing continuity of contact with complainants and witnesses.
Associates of Applied Science or Certificate of Paralegal Studies.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 pm. Hours may vary based on the business needs of the department. May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek.
Harris County offers a competitive benefits program, including comprehensive group health and related benefits plan as well as defined benefit retirement plan. The following list of benefits is offered only to employees in regular (full-time) positions:
* Life Insurance
* Long-term disability
* Employee Assistance Program
* 10 days of vacation each year for the first five (5) years of service. Accrual rates increase based on years of service.
* 10 county holidays plus one (1) floating holiday
* Professional development opportunities
* Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
* Healthcare Reimbursement Account
* 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
The following benefits are also available to regular (full-time) employment and may be available to part-time employees:
* Retirement pension (TCDRS)
* Transportation Assistance (Metro Ride Sponsor Program)
$25.31 hourly/$4,387.07 monthly/$52,644.80 annually
Please note that we cannot accept calls concerning the status of your employment application. Thank you so much for your interest in working with us, unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the recruiter.