Paralegal - Bankruptcy, Litigation
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jacob Vane
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $50,000 - $80,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in Houston, TX we are a boutique business bankruptcy law firm represents clients throughout the country in both complex out-of-court and in-court financial restructuring and business bankruptcy matters. Our clients have included debtors, trustees, secured and unsecured lenders, hedge funds, private equity funds, executory contract parties, plan proponents and sponsors, debtor in possession (DIP) lenders, parties to pre-packed and pre-negotiated plans of reorganization or liquidation; as well as parties to contested chapter 11 plans of reorganization, creditor committees, boards of directors, their individual members and special committees, secured creditors, banks, lenders, investors, foreclosure trustees, and other parties in interest in both transactional, litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Why join us?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in bankruptcy
- Must be able to handle all facets of the bankruptcy cases
- Experience preparing chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy forms and pleadings for business bankruptcy cases
- Bachelor's degree or a Paralegal certificate
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook and Adobe. Experience with Clio, Westlaw and Excel is preferred.
- Familiarity with PACER and electronic case filings
- Oversee discovery including electronic document review and prep of discovery requests
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.