Requisition ID: 134804
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
- Gas-fired generation
- Power delivery
- Environmental retrofits
- Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Houston, TX.
- Working collaboratively in a team environment to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Performing cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
- Generating transmission line design criteria for PLS-CADD.
- Building, modifying and analyzing transmission line, pole and tower models within PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS TOWER.
- Developing construction assembly drawings, material specifications, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
- Developing construction deliverable packages that include plan & profile drawings, phasing drawings, and standard installation specifications.
- Traveling out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments.
- Attending external and internal meetings to support processes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited Engineering Institute.
- 0-2 years of experience as a transmission engineer, transmission line engineer, civil engineer or related position preferably including:
- Route alignment planning, structure spotting, and structure and line design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS TOWER
- Lattice tower analysis and design utilizing PLS TOWER and ASCE 10
- Foundation design of transmission structures using FAD Tools and LPILE
- Understanding of NESC, and relevant ASCE, IEEE and regional codes and standards
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.