Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions.
- Assists supervisors and managers with coaching and counseling employees.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements. Work with local colleges, community centers and employment agencies to find qualified employees.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Approves employees with Leave of Absence requests and paperwork processing
- Research employee complaints and works with appropriate parties to reach resolution
- Assists Director Human Resources with approvals for rate changes, terminations, disciplinary actions
- Works with Director Safety and Training to manage Workers’ Compensation claims
- Ensures compliance with current TAS policies and regulations as well as federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty satisfactorily to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year up to and including three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum age of eighteen (18)
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Quickbooks Accounting software
- ADP and EzLabor Payroll systems
- MS Outlook Communication Management software
- MS Excel Spreadsheet software
- MS Word Processing software
- MS PowerPoint Presentation Software
- Internet Usage
- PC and/or MAC and Windows Usage experience
- Data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- May occasionally be asked to run local errands.
- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; regularly required to walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee may be asked to perform work that includes moving objects up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to operate a personal computer/laptop and cell phone for approximately eight (8) hours per day. They will also be required to spend extended time reviewing both physical and electronic documents. The employee will spend most of the time in an indoor environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.