Applications Accepted From: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Maternal & Child Health
Section: Women, Infants, Children (WIC) Program*
Location: 1906 Cochran
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. - some evenings and Saturday's *
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Health Department provides traditional public health services and seeks to use innovative methods to meet the community's present and future needs. Our mission is to work in partnership with the community to promote and protect the health and social well-being of all Houstonians. HHD is now the first health department in Texas and the second in a large U.S. city to earn national accreditation.
The Houston Health Department is currently searching for an energetic and skilled candidate to plan, analyze and monitor the delivery of health nutrition services for the Health Department and within the community perform the following duties:
• Audits ongoing nutrition health services and educational activities to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
• Evaluates, develops and selects all nutritional health care audiovisuals, and literature and other materials.
• Prepares, implements and coordinates annual nutrition education plan.
• Provides orientation and training for new employees; plans and coordinates staff in-service training and educational sessions.
• Assigns, advises and counsels staff nutritionists.
• Provides back-up education and consulting support to staff members.
• Acts as a community liaison on health and nutrition services and issues.
• Monitors quality assurance standards and analyzes data.
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.