**** $15,000 Sign-On Bonus and up to $10,000 relocation assistance available.****
*Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center* is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more.
*We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:*
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Flexible spending accounts
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
* Wellness Programs
Accurately analyzes and report all tests ordered by the Medical Staff in a timely manner to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
*What you’ll do:*
* Performs and results test procedures on patient specimens adhering to the Section’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accurate, timely reporting
* Ensures that major automated equipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures
* Performs required Quality Control procedures and Maintains records to ensure tests are being performed within control limits
* Assists in evaluation of new procedures and equipment to provide the physician with the most current laboratory technology
* Participates in opportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, training according to the Section Performance Standards to enhance technical skills
* Responsible for inventory of supplies
* Adheres to all regulatory requirements
Bachelor's Degree in a Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, or Chemical, Physical, Biological Science
Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or (MLS) through a nationally recognized accredited agency (AMT, ASCP, NCA) *
Specialty certification depending on lab section (e.g. M(ASCP) for Microbiology, H(ASCP) for Hematology, etc.)