As an Manufacturing Engineer, you will design, implement, and improve assembly processes in a designated area of the vehicle manufacturing process. You will define the assembly line, assembly processes, and equipment. You will work with a highly motivated cross-functional team and deliver turnkey solutions to enable vehicle production at rate. You will develop processes for highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall cost.
* Collaborating with product engineering on design for assembly of various components to allow for an efficient assembly process that builds quality into the product
* Participating in periodic design and process reviews during product development and ensuring correct specifications are set and best practices adhered to
* Designing assembly processes, tools, and equipment that are efficient to operate and easy to maintain
* Collaborating with external vendors and internal stakeholders to conduct design reviews of the production equipment throughout the development process
* Supporting all engineering builds and verifying scalability of assembly processes
* Commissioning production processes and equipment through the use of factory and site acceptance testing
* Defining a robust process control plan to enable high level of quality
* Submitting, reviewing, and approving any process changes for continuous improvement of ongoing production
* Analyzing downtime data to identify processes causing downtime, or trends in overall performance
* Planning sufficient capacity to meet business targets for production output
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; MS preferred. Relevant hands-on experience and a proven record of delivering results will be considered in-lieu of specific formal educational criteria.
* 5-7+ years of hands on working experience with defining assembly processes and relevant fixture and equipment design
* Strong foundation of problem solving skills, statistical process control, design of experiments and simulation techniques
* Understanding of lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
* Exceptional project management and leadership skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter with a proactive approach to job responsibilities
You can email me directly at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.