Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie is looking for an Event Operations Specialist to join our Marketing department's Global Event Team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring successful planning, project management, execution and measurement of Wood Mackenzie events within their region for in person events and on a global level for all virtual events.
The Event Operations Specialist will own some of the regions briefings, Commercial webinars, roundtables and tradeshows for our core and commercial events portfolio. In addition, the Event Operations Specialist will support the Operations Lead on our Conferences, Flagship Regional Forums, and Senior Executive engagement events. These events will be executed as a mix of virtual and in-person in the region. The role requires the Event Operations Specialist to manage the logistics and operations elements of their owned events, working collaboratively with the Event Marketing and Event Content, Event Operations Lead, broader Global Marketing teams and key stakeholders in the business to ensure that events are delivered successfully and are best in class.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the briefings, commercial webinars, roundtables and tradeshows events you are managing as part of the portfolio
- Supporting the Event Operations Lead on Conferences, Flagship Regional Forums, and Senior Executive engagement with various owned tasks such as delegate management, sponsorship deliverables as well as allocated project related tasks related to the events. These events may be in region, or global
- Run owned event project meetings, project management, scheduling project meetings, compiling key actions for progression, project tracking, executing and providing data for post event evaluation
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the events you are managing as part of the portfolio and observe best practices on the use of the event tools.
- Successfully deliver third party events that drive business results for cross sell, upsell and new business
- Work with Event Operations Leader to collaborate on program goals, messaging at the event, communication and overall event plans.
- Secure venues, budget, negotiate to ensure events are within budget and maximising event ROI
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with vendors (AV, catering, gifting etc)
- Ensure the events objectives in aligns with the event plan objectives and review for future planning
- Contribute to the team’s innovation projects, bring new innovative ideas to the team and line manager and take advantage of emerging opportunities to ensure WoodMac stays ahead of competitors
- Report on event data metrics that help data-informed decision making that supports the operational excellence for Wood Mackenzie events
- Collaborate with office resources and internal support teams (e.g. facilities, front reception)
- Support agency relationships and lead agencies within your project
- Manages sponsorship on site contractual agreements when allocated to you as part of project
- Coordinate with Verisk compliance to ensure all events are fully compliant with regulations
- Collaborate with Global Events Team to develop and continually refine best practices and standards across the firm for both in-person and virtual events
- Finalise event schedules, on site staffing, run rehearsals with Event Content team and Research stakeholders, organise and ship materials and develop transportation itineraries
- Take on small but impactful event team projects that help drive future growth, goals or wider collaboration with teams
- Domestic and international travel will be required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- B2B events experience and working in an in-house events team would be preferred
- Proven events execution and logistics experience is essential
- Good understanding of event operations
- Experience in using event operation tools, mobile apps, EMS (Bizzabo, CVENT, Swapcard) and CRM systems
- Experience in vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, venue finding and audience management
- Support the Operations Leader to effectively lead and influence internal and external partners towards intended and successful results
- Ability to manage multiple projects to tight deadlines and have exceptional attention to detail
- Good budget management skills are required
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a regional and global team with minimal supervision and seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Experience in measuring and reporting ROI around events
- Understanding of virtual and hybrid events
- Ability to suggest and enhance best practices
- Excellent event project planning, implementation and control
- Good and confident communicator
- Collaborative working style
- Tech friendly and able to pick up new tools and processes quickly
- Issue identification and able to make suggestions to problem solve
- Results oriented, proactive individual
- Client and efficiency focused
- Brings creativity
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.