NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Marketing Analytics Manager is the go-to person for marketing analytics and reporting with the following primary responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze multichannel campaign metrics from both online and offline sources
- Create data stories with actionable insights – at the granular level for campaign optimizations as well as at high-level executive reporting
- Use data visualization skills to tell the data story through easy-to-interpret dashboards and presentations for both upper and executive management teams for multiple brands in the NRG Retail portfolio.
Metrics and data include, but are not limited to, digital (display, native, social, impact, local, video, audio, etc.) as well as analog data such as call volume and direct mail response. The Marketing Analytics Manager is responsible for reporting on performance with regard to campaign results and their impact on renewal and retention rate, brand strength, awareness, consideration, and market share across brands in the Texas and northeast markets. This includes incorporating previous performance and learnings as well as building a clear story and actionable insights with the data. Data stories should include not only the raw data but the meaning behind it all, the data story: the reason why we are seeing the results we are, actionable items to improve performance or solve problems, identifying trends, etc.
This person will work closely with internal marketing team members and media agencies to ensure performance is being accurately tracked, assessed, and reported. The selected candidate will also liaise with the director of sales on web traffic, call volume and resulting sales metrics as well as performance to goal YTD and MTD as well as performance MoM and YoY. In addition, the selected candidate will liaise with the customer retention and renewal team on metrics and performance to goal. This position will report to the senior manager of prospect marketing.
- Ensure all marketing campaign metrics/KPIs are being tracked appropriately
- Track data across all acquisition and retention efforts, including traditional upper funnel mass, upper and mid-funnel digital, direct mail, email, and other customer communications.
- Use data visualization skills to create easy to interpret dashboards and presentations that clearly and accurately, reliably report on media activity and campaign effectiveness, measuring ROI, CTR, CPM, VCR, brand strength, renewal rate, etc.
- Use analytic skills and understanding of marketing campaigns to build a data story that provides clear, actionable insights and in a digestible format for both granular data needs as well as high-level executive reporting.
- Regularly monitor and analyze metrics and market research to help identify trends, performance aberrations and the driver behind those aberrations and develop actionable insights that generate future improvements.
- Contribute to client weekly calls, biweekly multiagency calls with the lower funnel team, including providing updated performance metrics and insights.
- Create presentations for reporting metrics to both upper management and executive leadership teams.
- Track mass media budget spend as it relates to performance goals and metrics and report out on progress with insights and recommendations.
- Assist in regular overall departmental budget reconciliation, reforecasting, and reporting to accounting.
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years analytics and reporting experience for marketing campaigns
- Deep experience with business intelligence tools (Datorama, Tableau) and web analytics and tracking technologies including Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of omnichannel marketing campaigns to determine ROI.
- Ability to assimilate data from disparate sources and successfully build dashboards that effectively display easy to interpret metrics, trends and actionable insights.
- Data visualization skills and the ability to build easy to interpret dashboards that clearly convey the meaning of the data.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to build data stories and provide actionable insights from campaign metrics
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint.
NOTE: If a candidate does not meet these requirements, Success Factors will automatically disqualify the candidate.
- Highly skilled with data visualization tools
- Heavy digital marketing experience
- Keen analytical skills and the ability to filter and categorize information and interpret data to develop actionable insights.
- Strong project management skills, driving multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Effective data analysis and reporting
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Skilled in problem-solving and project management
- Self-starter with a history of pushing for deadline-driven results
- Electricity industry preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand business needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to plan and collaboratively run projects independently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and clear appetite for learning; can show how newly gained knowledge and skill can be applied on the job.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills, solid business acumen, able to clearly communicate objectives and outcomes with marketing leaders and cross-functional teams, and present material to a variety of audiences.
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance.
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
- Extract reports from multiple sources
- Close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Occasional overtime work may be required as projects require.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources