At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Marketing Analyst will support the entire marketing experience NRG Business, including pre-and post-sale activities. This role will be responsible for managing and executing lead generation marketing efforts, including in-bound/out-bound lead generation, data analysis, reporting, market research, competitive analysis, planning and sales process optimization. Ideal candidates will have business analysis, sales or marketing experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and fun environment.
- Manage and nurture inbound marketing leads into sale opportunities
- Follow-up on inbound leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Conduct outbound calling efforts to identify the decision maker for Sales
- Maintain data for new and prospective clients within multiple CRMs, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate, and documents are attached
- Conduct a pre-sale analysis and determine prospect pain points to build a tailored solution
- Prepare and analyze lead generation report and dashboards
- Work with regional marketing and digital teams to unify day-to-day activities, that include coordinating and tracking campaign activity
- Build lead generation lists to help support Sales
- Analyze prospects needs to develop a holistic approach for Sales
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferably in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 1-3 years as a business or sales analyst, marketing experience preferably in the B2B space.
- Preferred past experience as a sales or marketing analyst
- Preferred experience in the power industry.
- Experience working on marketing campaigns including messaging and visual collateral.
- Preferred proficiency with CRMs (i.e. Siebel, Salesforce, SuiteCRM, ACT)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to interact and connect with prospects and customers via phone, email and in person
- Ability to work under pressure and balance competing priorities and deadlines in an organized manner.
- Self-motivated and driven, demonstrable positive attitude.
- Excellent systems skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint are required.
- Clear appetite for learning and demonstrating a curious mind.
- Majority of work performed by utilizing a computer in a seated position
- Willingness to travel occasionally (~10%)
- Some overtime required as special projects arise
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources