NOV is actively recruiting a Manufacturing Planner for our facility in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will ensure cost effective and timely delivery of products for demand placed on the SC facility.
- Reviews requests for assigned materials, parts and/or services and verifies specifications
- Collaborates closely with Production and Procurement to balance load and capacity of the internal mfg. and external SC to ensure cost, quality and LT requirements are met to according to local and Corporate Operating Procedures and Ethical Code of Conduct.
- Monitor progress of the orders through the shop floor to ensure they stay on track for On time delivery
- Facilitate the development and execution of the Manufacturing Production plan by working closely with Mfg and procurement
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Periodically review non-conformances and engineering changes to rework any work orders as required
- Release WO based on need dates and maintain updates in the ERP
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Execute the Exception messages in the ERP
- Execute the MTS/CTO/MTO portfolio and respective planning strategies
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports; Keep paperwork organized
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or shortcomings in the existing safety controls, to the Machine Shop Manager without delay
- Monitor purchase order deliveries to ensure on-time delivery
- Review Quality Plans and 3rd Party Certification as required
- Create Shop packets including; router, assembly/machine/weld drawing's, SOP's, MTR's, weld/ coating specifications.
- Initiate Pick Ticket process for warehouse for material pull, issue to work order to deliver to appropriate staging area. Keep track of orders in JIRA for required responsibilities
- Analyze work order variances, document and action for resolution. Submit approval for WO closure report to QC - Mini MRB team.
- Responsible for intercompany inventory transfer (PFT to PFT) issuing Stock Transfers or PO's for respective materials needed to complete Customer Orders
- Review reports of Engineering Change Notices and Non-Conformance and adjust plans as necessary to accommodate.
- Determine the root cause of the problems facing the planning organization and participates in project charters to drive initiatives
- Able to optimally utilize, net, repurpose, substitute inventory across locations and ERP's
- Facilitates the cost roll process by working closely with Materials manager
- Facilitate in inventory initiatives related to Physical inventory verification and cycle counting
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience,
- 5 years experience within Supply Chain Management
- 3 years experience as a Planner
- APICS CPIM certification required; must have willingness to obtain if not certified
- LEAN / Six-Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred; must have willingness to obtain if not certified
- Familiarization with manufacturing and service environment preferred
- Experience planning in an Engineered-to-Order or Make-to-Order manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with ERP Planning preferred. (oracle experience preferred but other ERP experience will be considered)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical skills, organizational and problem-solving skills, strong understanding of technical documentation and standards; drawings, specs. etc.
- Strong professional relationship building skills, and ability to interface across the entire enterprise (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, PM&L, Trade Compliance, Accounting, etc.)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Able to develop planning parameters according to a manufacturing environment (MTS/CTO/MTO)
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.