Position Summary and Responsibilities
Non-Exempt employees may be selected by the area Supervisor and approved by Production Management for the Team Lead role. The role of the team Lead is to guide and direct the daily activities of their team and support managements vision. Team Lead responsibilities are as defined but not limited to those described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Safety within the work cell - The Team Lead shall be responsible for monitoring and ensuring the observance of safety rules and regulations. This includes identifying, communicating, and correcting unsafe practices and may require coaching opportunities with the team. Team Leads will be integral in making improvement recommendations to JHA’s and in facilitating safety audits.
- Quality of the products produced in the work cell -This includes monitoring of products as they are produced and ensuring that all products produced within the cell are produced with the highest quality prior to delivering to their internal or external customer. Quality will most likely be measured with PONC scrap and first pass yield metrics.
- On time delivery of products in the work cell - This includes delivering quality products so that they meet internal or external customer requirements. Team Leads will have the ability to identify bottlenecks in the operation. If there is a resource shortage (material, tools, or personnel), the lead will notify their manager/supervisor of the issue and offer plausible solutions as soon as it is identified.
- Daily priorities and scheduling within the work cell - The Team Lead will assist department supervisor or manager in the assignment, scheduling, allocation and monitoring of work for department personnel and insure that the cell team is working on the right assemblies in a logical order to insure on time delivery.
- Training of associates within the work cell-The Team Lead will train, instruct, and orient employees in procedures and operations. They will be able to explain why we do things in certain ways and be able to recognize suggestions for improvement opportunities. Team Leads will provide technical leadership and guidance as required and help associates work together as a team.
- Accuracy of the Kanban & inventory within the work cell-Team Leads will be able to manage the Kanban system to ensure inventory accuracy while minimizing material or supply shortages.
- 6S within the work cell - Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are completed as defined to maintain a safe, productive, and clean workplace including the State of Control requirements.
- Maintenance of metrics within the work cell-ensures that metrics are maintained daily as defined by the supervisor/manager. The lead also helps the team establish the performance feedback system. Metrics will typically measure scrap, first pass yield, on time delivery, and hrs./unit.
- Problem solver within the work cell - Establishes and facilitates cross-shift communication. Communicates any problems that cannot be solved within the work cell to the supervisor/manager, manufacturing engineer, buyer/planners, or other employees as required for resolution.
- Provide new ideas for products & processes from the work cell team - The Team Lead will ensure that the team is continually providing new ideas to improve the effectiveness of the work cell.
- Supervision - The Team Lead may assist supervisor in reviewing the performance of employee(s) and prepare / maintain necessary documentation, logs, and records.
- Leadership - Leads by example, consistently demonstrating respect in the workplace. Models, trains, and galvanizes team, facilitates goal setting, helps empower team to establish ownership of inputs, throughputs, and outputs.
Qualifications (the following are representative and are not necessarily all-inclusive)
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety rules, operating work instructions, procedures, short correspondence, compose emails, memos, and basic reports.
- Possess the aptitude to perform basic mathematical skills necessary to compute basic rates, units of measure ratios, and percentages. Ability to understand and interpret graphs and charts.
- Demonstrated technical mastery with assigned tasks of that work cell.
- Experience leading other nonexempt personnel or has demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to become proficient in MS Office and Teledyne computer applications.
- Proven record of completing tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Has worked on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Willingness to embrace Lean and participate in lean training and activities.
- Complete any relevant training classes within six months of assuming the position.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to and promote the desired values and behaviors of the company
- Received a minimum of an E or above score on last two annual performance reviews.
- Has not received a written performance warning for over two years.
If a work Team Leader is not able to carry out these responsibilities, that person will forfeit the lead differential.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.