TAS Energy Inc. is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer with a minimum of three years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering with a background in process improvement. Jump start your career by applying TODAY!
The Manufacturing Engineer’s main role will be to support the production operations. The Manufacturing Engineer will evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate production activities through data analysis to identify opportunities for improvements in productivity, material flow, safety, quality, and cost. Prioritize actions to be taken, establish schedules for completion, and implement the necessary measures to realize savings.
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: Standardized Work Instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen/5S
- Conduct time studies and audits as appropriate to validate and adjust labor estimates to reflect actual costs.
- Work with vendors in determining product specifications and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Facilitate and/or lead cross-functional teams with Engineering, Production and Estimating in support of driving efficiencies and eliminating non-value-added activities.
- Collaborate with design engineering in concurrent engineering efforts to ensure manufacturability. Proactively identify opportunities for improved manufacturability and coordinate implementation with design engineering and operations personnel.
- Provide shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs
- Document and track all cost savings and process improvements against targets.
- Evaluate Quality data and implement improvement activities to ensure all quality requirements are met.
- Plan and execute facility and work cell layout modifications based on planned products and workload to optimize material and product flow.
- Develop, design, justify and implement appropriate production tools, equipment, and other assets to maximize labor efficiency and reduce total cost.
- Support estimating function by providing estimates of direct labor and raw material costs as required. Develop and maintain cost models for various activities for use in estimating.
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen/5S
- Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g., First Pass Yield), cycle time reduction and productivity.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- 3 or more years of experience in manufacturing/Industrial Engineering.
- BS / MS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial engineering.
- LEAN / Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Understanding of Fabrication, welding & assembly process.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks & AutoCAD
- Good understanding of, and experience in implementing LEAN initiatives
- Relevant experience in a make to order/engineer to order project environment.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager, other related role in a heavy/industrial manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in development of fixtures & Jigs.
- Familiarity with Fabrication, Welding & Assembly processes.
- Experience in developing & monitoring Labor Budgets, EVA analysis
- Proficiency in ERP system is required.
- Experience in implementation of Lean Processes such as Standardized Work Instructions, 5S, Process Improvement Initiatives etc.
- Experience in development of Process Standards & Capacity metrics such as First Pass Yield, production rates etc.
- High proficiency in Blueprint reading and P&ID interpretation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, stooping, crouching, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal, and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions. The ability to work overtime and some weekends will be required.
Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity and customer focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process and international reach of a large company.
TAS delivers innovative packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers, power and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and has three ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston, encompassing 600,000 sq. feet with close proximity to major shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at customer’s facilities.
TAS’ fastest growing business is the data center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling, thermodynamics and power, TAS has developed an entire product line that revolutionizes data center delivery.
With our tremendous market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial goals. More information is available at the company website at: www.tas.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy effective January 1, 2012 under which Individuals considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which includes a nicotine panel.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the future, should submit a new employment application or resume.
TAS Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.