A Manufacturing Engineer will design, implement and review the procedures and equipment involved in the manufacturing process. Duties include:
· Ability to design new manufacturing and/or improve processes for various types of manufacturing including:
o Welding (MIG, TIG, SubArc, Clad)
o CNC Machining (Milling, Turning)
o Assembly process(es) of large oilfield equipment
o Coating (Phosphate, Xylan, Paint)
· Identify new equipment (machines) or technology over current state manufacturing and improve efficiency (output and reduce scrap/rework) for higher output and improved quality
· Interface and support various intercompany groups/teams (product engineering, quality, purchasing) to identify opportunities within these groups to improve overall quality and cost reductions for manufactured/purchased parts
· Identify equipment (machines) within facility that are capable of producing specified geometry for routing of production parts thru shop.
· Identify equipment/tools for inspection of geometry on machined parts for repeatability and accuracy of geometry. Identify critical dimensions/features on machined geometry for “on-machine/in process” inspection.
· Work/support outside suppliers relating to company's manufactured products to identify/understand limitations and abilities of supplier base.
· Identify/Design in process handling/lifting devices that meet HSE/OSHA lifting requirements. Be able to design/calculate load ratings where custom designed apparatus are required
· Troubleshoot underperforming processes/equipment and establish an improvement method or repair
· Perform basic statistical analysis of machine performance metrics do determine machine/process capability to identify opportunities for improvement.