PowerAdvocate, a Verisk Analytics business, leads the energy data industry by providing energy companies with clarity into their complex data. Our Energy FactBase, currently at $5+ trillion and growing, helps customers to create operational and financial excellence. We help our clients to understand how they can leverage our unique view of the marketplace to reduce costs and manage operation risk working with executives on the cutting edge in the power, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors.
JOB TITLE: Managing Director, Management Consultant
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
LOCATIONS: Anywhere in the United States
SUMMARY: Lead the development of the PowerAdvocate Client Services customer base across North America in partnership with the Technology and Data analytics team. The ideal candidate will be able to identify prospects and activate consulting projects that demonstrate and accelerate the use of PowerAdvocate Technology and Data. Additionally, the Managing Director will lead a client-facing team to develop and execute supply chain sourcing strategies for both low and highly engineered products, services and large capital projects for Utilities, Oil & Gas, and Mining sectors. Develop strong client relationships to meet changing client and industry needs and to identify and capture new business opportunities including new sectors and new offerings. Help to grow the company through contributions to client solutions, sale of new business, and development of assigned team members. Able to collaborate with PowerAdvocate sister companies and delivery partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Accountable for the sale of Client Services projects across North America in partnership with the Global Growth team
- Manage day-to-day relationship with other Verisk affiliates or third-party partners that may support the delivery of client projects
- Lead Client Services team to deliver solutions to our energy clients, including industry best practices, benchmarking, market play books, category sourcing and negotiation approaches, capital project contract strategies and supplier relationship management.
- Drive the development and execution of cost-effective supply chain strategies
- Manage client relationships by effectively interfacing at all levels from the C-Suite to the Supply Chain, Project Management, Engineering and Business Development teams
Support development and achievement of Client services objectives and key results which will be in addition to revenue requirements. These will include, among others, the development of client services personnel through training, group meetings and the review process
- Senior management consultant with experience interacting with client executives, selling projects, and working across multiple sectors including energy and other sectors that are undergoing significant electrification of their supply chains
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and policy debates
- Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic, cohesive team and to work effectively in a team environment
- Results driven; enjoys the challenge of a changing business environment
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Willingness to travel (post-COVID restrictions)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s a plus
- 10+ years of experience with Owners in or Suppliers serving the energy industry, particularly in a Business Operations or Engineering function within at least two of the following sectors: Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical, Renewables, and Mining
- Proven success contributing to a team-oriented environment both as an individual contributor and a team leader
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.