Responsible for providing analytical support to the Assistant Treasurer and the Treasurer. Will provide technical analysis associated with global optimization of the capital including financing strategy, liability management, M&A, dividend strategy and the return of excess cash to shareholders. Considered to be an in-house expert related to derivative analysis and reporting. Will assist in the planning, negotiation, and execution of global debt transactions, including debt compliance. The position interfaces directly the CFO, senior management, commercial business units, and a broad array of functional groups within the finance organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Incorporate Company's financial forecast and Long-Range Plan in a dynamic model to evaluate the impacts to our capital structure, liquidity profile, shareholder returns and rating agency metrics. Assist in the decision-making process for our financing needs and shareholder distribution strategies.
- Analyze current capital market conditions build financial models to evaluate refinancing opportunities and manage other corporate finance initiatives.
- Support debt offerings/refinancings, credit facility renewals/amendments and other financing transactions including marketing materials and rating agency presentations.
- Work with corporate finance functions to develop presentations for senior executives and the Board of Directors, providing updates on key initiatives and recommendations on capital allocation.
- Contribute to cross-functional due diligence efforts to evaluate strategic initiatives as they arise.
- Provide financial support and capital structure guidance on key M&A transactions.
- Contribute to developing Company's framework towards capital allocation to guide long-term investment decision-making.
- Prepare Company and segment-level valuations using standard valuation methodologies.
- Understand drivers of financial performance and develop financial metrics to report to the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Manage the Company's share repurchase and dividend decisions on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain bank return model to assist managing the banking relationships. Familiar with debt and other financing documentation to ensure covenant compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor existing derivative positions, develop period reports, and forecast interest expense reflecting such derivative impact. Coordinate with accounting group to ensure derivative transactions are accurately booked and reported in SEC filings. Research other technical aspects related to derivatives as they arise.
- Perform lease vs. buy as well as NPV and IRR analysis to assist in the evaluation of leasing transactions and capital project approval process.
- Document, implement and maintain corporate finance policies to meet the objectives of Treasury department and broader finance organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other related field required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst and/or Certified Public Accountant license a plus.
- At least 7 years of corporate finance experience in the treasury function of a major multi-national company and/or banking experience with a major global bank. Candidates with less relevant experience but with an MBA from a highly recognized program, experience with a first-tier financial institution and other high potential candidates may be considered; corporate development and/or investment banking experience is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Comprehensive knowledge of global capital markets, equity/firm valuation, fixed income, derivative evaluation, corporate finance, and financial analysis.
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to conceptualize and communicate complex issues.
- Must be creative and thoughtful, yet able to manage details and reach a clear, concise conclusion in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work effectively with executive management and senior leaders in cross-functional assignments.
- Ability to lead, develop and mentor less experienced staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing and presentation skills are a must as this position prepares materials directly for senior executives and board members.
- A superior understanding of financial theory and a demonstrated ability to educate and influence decision-makers while driving consensus and alignment.
- Superior financial modeling skills with the ability to evaluate complex problems and make well-reasoned conclusions.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills are required.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston