NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Manage and implement compensation programs and processes to support NRG’s compensation philosophy and business objectives, including legal compliance with relevant laws.
- Manage the administration of base pay programs, including structure development, annual salary planning process and job description and grading system. Train HRBP’s in the proper use of market data and utilization of our market pricing system, Payfactors/Payscale. Assist with complex and executive market pricing. Oversee compensation analyst in participation in annual market surveys and validate returned data to determine compensation trends.
- Manage the annual compensation planning process. Design, recommend, and implement systems changes to maintain alignment with shifting business strategies. Develop communications and train HRBPs and managers on the Compensation module system.
- Manage the development, implementation, administration, and communication of variable pay programs such as incentive and sales commission programs, and ancillary bonuses (e.g., retentions, project bonuses). Oversee the calculation of incentives for multiple incentive plans, including sales incentive programs. Act as the primary representative for Human Resources on internal sales compensation committees.
- Manage NRG’s General and Executive Severance plans. Ensure market competitiveness, compliance, and effectiveness of the plan design. Ensure the completion and timely filing of the annual form 5500’s. Note this does not include administration of severance, which remains with the HR Services team.
- Monitor compensation practices from a legal standpoint to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations such as FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc. Notify management of patterns that appear to violate such laws and regulations.
- Assist in the development of communication and training materials, including user guides, policy documents and process documents.
- Maintain budget and oversee invoicing process as relates to Compensation department expenses.
- Special analysis and other duties may be assigned as business needs require.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution, to achieve project milestones and during compensation season.
- Position is currently remote but may require a day in the office from time to time for meetings or projects.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Compensation, with 2 years managerial experience
- Education: Advanced degree in Human Resources, Finance or a related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred. Professional certification (CCP) preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, or related discipline
- Experience: Between 7-9 years of compensation or other relevant HR experience preferred. Experience with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) such as Success Factors, SAP, and market pricing systems such as Payfactors/Payscale or other similar compensation systems preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office software applications. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with strong emphasis in statistical analysis. Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Understand client needs and can meet and exceed expectations.
- Anticipate and accept changes in the organization and adapt to meet new requirements. Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals, listen carefully and understand various points of view and perform in a team environment.
- Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through significant attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential to interact with internal and external contacts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including calendar-driven hours as business demands dictate.
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources