Gulf Coast Hotel Management, Inc., a rapidly growing Hotel Management Company, seeks an experienced construction, building and maintenance manager (Maintenance Asset Manager) with experience in project estimating, construction and repair management and strong computer skills. If you share a passion for working in a fast -paced, rapid growth company and are committed to professional excellence, then we're interested in talking to you.
This position is based in Houston, Texas and will require travel to manage projects at hotels within the portfolio. Some extended travel may be involved based on project scope and length.
The Maintenance Asset Manager will be responsible for providing estimate approval and management for construction and maintenance projects at operating hotels to ensure proposed plans/estimates reflect compliance with property standards and manages contractors to ensure projects, repairs and maintenance are completed with the highest amount of professional quality and detail.
• Relevant experience in the building, maintenance and/or construction field.
• Knowledge of construction and maintenance practices and basic labor costs in construction.
• Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a process improvement-oriented mindset.
• A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
• Results-oriented individual with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Demonstrated strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid time off
- Six company paid holidays
Job Requirements and Primary Job Duties
• Perform administrative, technical and supervisory work in planning, organizing and directing the maintenance, repair and remodeling of the hotels through third-party contractors.
• Correspond with Senior Management for project scope and budget approval.
• Establish scope, competitively bid, review and approve contractor estimates for projects.
• Assist in coordination of schedules, pre-work, on-site preparation, etc. between hotel management and contractors.
• Value engineer estimates.
• Review and approve change orders.
• Track and record job progress and cost variances between hotels and jobs.
• Manage contractors and inspect work throughout process until completion.
• Gather photo documentation for all estimates, change orders and completed projects.
• Establish and implement preventive maintenance programs for each hotel.
• Assist with securing lien waivers on completed jobs, as needed.
• Negotiate with contractors on fair pricing.
• Provide regular updates and reporting on status of various projects to Senior Management. This will include larger projects involving contractors as well as smaller, miscellaneous property-specific projects handled in-house.
• Provide technical support, guidance, assistance, vendor support and recommendations to hotel management, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned