Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
M&A | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients' ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
Integration and Divestiture Strategy and Execution helps define the approach to integrate and/or divest client assets in a manner that realizes the value associated with the deal. Our M&A Finance team advises, implements, and delivers transformative solutions to clients to optimize their finance activities due to a pending/completed transaction, restructuring and strategic cost transformation event. We advise and support clients throughout the entire M&A lifecycle, from strategy to execution, while driving value in specific aspects of the lifecycle. This end-to-end approach, involving many specialists, increases efficiency and information sharing. It also helps achieve a successful Day 1 and realization of planned and required synergies. Our M&A Finance Offering is uniquely positioned to support the CFO and the Finance Function throughout all aspects of an M&A transaction.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in M&A or M&A Service Delivery below:
- Manage engagements through the complex transitions that come with transactions and transformations that are part of that journey including: target identification and pre-deal due diligence, M&A roadmaps, strategies, and synergy targets, developing Day 1 projects and plans and post Day 1 planning and execution.
- Provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
- Synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
- Provide industry insight and analytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, and predictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
- Identify key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Manage integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycle include due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business solutions for large companies.
- Provide the M&A expertise required to unlock deal value and execute issue-free integrations within the Finance function; provide clients with the tools and strategic insights to navigate change and capture value.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 4+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.