If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Logistics Manag is responsible to manage all activities associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and safety.
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those demands.
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various work shifts
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team environment
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics, transportation. A combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- Five (5) years or more in the management of warehouse and/or transportation operations required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.