Wilson Elser's Houston, TX office currently seeks a Litigation Paralegal to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your paralegal career by developing an understanding of the anatomy of defense litigation through hands-on experience in a growing general liability practice group.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with nearly 900 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we ranks among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and is included in the top 50 of The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies or a Paralegal Certificate
- 3+ years litigation paralegal experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with preparing records, assembling exhibits, pleadings, summarizing transcripts, medical record analysis, discovery, and trial preparation required
- Experience drafting and responding to standard discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Must be able to multitask and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive
- Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, analyze medical records, and trial preparation
- Contact outside sources (government agencies, etc.) to obtain public information and review and analyze the same
- Search and retrieve information from court-related databases as well as other online sources of case information
- Prepare summary of pertinent transcripts
- Assemble chronologies of pertinent facts and key documents
- Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
- Determine, prepare and organize materials needed for expert witness review
- Conduct investigative research on opposing parties and expert witnesses
- Manage documents and organize case files
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online or sending your credentials to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and putting "Houston Litigation Paralegal" in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.